Thursday, December 22, 2011

Today is the day to say NO thank you :)

The word "No" to anyone who has a eating issue is the 2nd part of taking back our life's. We have to learn to say it and mean it! You might be at a party and a friend or family member might ask you if you want some pie or cake, you say no thank you and then it starts " come on just a little it won't hurt you " or they just get mad at you and say fine don't take my cake I will give it to someone who will appreciate all the time I took to make it. So you can see how this could be hard :/
Well , Think about it like this if you new someone had a drug issue you would not go out and buy it for them when they were trying to get clean. IT IS THE SAME FOR A FOOD ADDICTION! but for us we cannot get away from food we have to learn to say NO! Food is at home,church,party's,malls, everywhere! But food is not the enemy is it? God gave us food to sustain us we are the ones who are not happy with what was given .
"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."
Gen 1:29
Food is not our enemy .
"Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control."
Proverbs 25:28 -
"The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility."
Proverbs 15:33
"He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding."
Proverbs 15:32
We are our own enemy!
We have to study and learn about what are the best food for our body's . We have to say No to anything that we know will make us slip or just really is not the best choice. I will not be the one to tell you what to eat and what not to eat . But I will share with you this the more close you can bring your diet to the first diet that God had Adam and Eve on you will feel better and your food cravings will not be the same at all. Some good books and links are
The Makers Diet by Jordan Rubin
http://www.danielsfastcookbook.com/
www.juicefasting.org
www.jointhereboot.com
http://www.drfuhrman.com/weightloss/about.aspx
I hope you will take some time to do something good for yourself and look at the links and even look up your own and find the tools that you need to live a healthy happy life:) Tomorrow I will tell a bit about my story :) I just felt it was urgent to tell you it's ok for you to say "NO" since it's that time of the year when we have a over abundance of food! Love to you all !

3 comments:

  1. Saying "no" is the absolute hardest thing for me to do :( but I have got to learn that word and be fearless in using it! I love you Sherry and you don't know how much you are helping me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it difficult sometimes to say 'no' graciously- that's the trick for me-I'm meaning to be firm with myself, yet, I don't want to seem like I'm disgusted with the food choices that the hostess has presented to her guests. I find it a delicate balance. She may just not be educated in nutrition. Besides, that's where I was last year at this time. :)

    P.S. It helps me to spend my time visiting in a different area of the house than where the food is....
    Thanks for the support, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry go to this page and sign up for some great looking recipes.

    http://www.therawfoodcoach.com/12daysofrawchristmas.html

    Blessings and thanks again :)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete